Wednesday, September 19, 2007

know yer neighbors

[link]

So an amazing thing is about to happen in Oregon. People are going to have to own up to the petitions they signed. Or someone can search to see if their name has falsely been attached to said petition. I think this is great. Some people think it's horrible. And I think they're wrong. I love when something that is public record but commonly thought of as private suddenly becomes very public.

So in 10 days, the names and addresses of about 55,000 Oregonians who signed a petition to repeal both the new domestic partnership benefits act the nondiscrimination act will be posted at Know thy neighbor Oregon dot com. It could get a little akward in my neighborhood that's all I'm saying.

It's also up for past initiatives in Florida and Massachusetts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahahahaha This is great! I hope they start doing this in Illinois.